- I am a graduate living overseas. I cannot collect the academic dress before the day of the Graduation Ceremony or find a representative to do it for me. What should I do?
Graduates must get their academic dress before joining the ceremonies. No academic dress rental/loan services will be provided on-spot. Please contact the Supplier at +852 3118 4396/ +852 3105 5009 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if alternative arrangements can be made for you.
- Can I buy an honour cord from the academic dress Supplier?
No. Honour cords are not for sale. Only graduates of undergraduate degrees who are awarded a First Class honour or Distinction can wear the honour cord during the Graduation Ceremony.
- What is the dress code for attending the Graduation Ceremony?
The Graduation Ceremony is a solemn event. Casual wear items like sneakers, jeans or sandals should be avoided.
- I am going to rent the academic dress on 1 April 2020. Should I return it by 14 April 2020 so as to enjoy the free rental sponsorship?
No. The free rental period refers to the 14 calendar days between 4 March and 5 April 2020. You are required to pay for an extended rental fee if you return the academic dress after 5 April 2020 or beyond the prescribed 14 calendar days' free rental period.
- I return the academic dress on 6 April 2020. Am I only liable for the extended rental fee for one more day?
No, extended rental period is counted on a 7 calendar day basis. It will be counted as a 7 days period even you return the academic dress on 6 April 2020.